The incubation period for measles is one to two weeks after which flu-like symptoms make an appearance with runny nose. However, the first sign of measles could be blood shot eyes and conjunctivitis. Although characteristic signs of measles are the appearance of white spots inside the cheeks which have pink areolas. These are called Koplik’s spots.
Measles rash usually makes it appearance on the fourth or the fifth day with the rash first becoming visible on the scalp and temples. This rash gradually spreads to the neck and rest of the body. The rash disappears faster than the brown pigmentation which can last for a while. Measles infection lasts for around 10 days.
Herbal That Can Cure Measles
- Give your child food containing plenty of garlic and onion as they are known for their anti-infective action
- Echinacea is also a marvelous anti-infective agent. So took for a tincture which contain extracts from Echinacea, give your child the tincture mixed in water twice a day for 3 weeks
- Eucalyptus, naiouli, thyme and unalol oils can be given to children for the anti-infective properties. Take one drop from each oil with a spoonful of honey two times a day.
- Use powdered licorice to relief symptoms of cough during measles. You can take half a teaspoon of licorice, mix it with half a teaspoon of honey to help with the cough
- Take Barley water and mix it with oil of sweet almond to help with the cough symptoms associated with measles